CAPE REED´S FIRESHIELD
DOWNLOAD OUR BROCHURE
Cape Reed's reputation for creating high quality exterior timber reed / natural thatch roof structures also extends to the provision of 'Fireshield' to protect these structures. Fireshield is a scientifically certified fire retardant treatment that coats and protects the natural materials used in Cape Reed's exterior timber structures.
Sustainable, non-toxic formula
The intumescent coating is chemically formulated to significantly increase the fire resistance of reed, wood and other natural materials. The formula is water-based and contains no toxic elements, making it completely sustainable and user and environmentally friendly.
Simple, cost effective and long lasting
The application of Fireshield is a quick and simple process. The liquid is sprayed onto the structure/material requiring protection. There are two types of Fireshield:
- FRC 101 for reed, cane and other structures - provides 3 years protection.
- FRC 102 for wooden structures (both softwood and hardwood, but not suitable for floors) - provides 5 years protection.
Fireshield, insurance-approved flame retardant treatment
Many insurance companies require professionally administered fireproofing treatments on any natural structure, within the terms and conditions, before signing the insurance contract. Cape Reed's Fireshield meets this requirement, with this treatment you will not have any problems with your insurance company.
Benefits of protecting your exterior structures with Cape Reed's Fireshield fireproofing treatment:
- Increased fire protection.
- Sustainable - non-toxic, user and environmentally friendly.
- Adaptable - suitable for reed/cane roofs, wooden gazebos, pergolas, wooden cladding.
- Certified and compliant with OECD guidelines*.
- High quality - checked quarterly to ensure manufacturing standards.
- Insurance compliant.
- Cost-effective: only needs to be renewed every 3-5 years
* The manufacturing process is verified under ISO 9001: 2000. All OECD guidelines are complied with during the manufacturing and application processes.
Exclusively distributed by Cape Reed
Fireshield is produced by Magma Industries, an international manufacturer of flame retardant treatments specialising in flame retardant coatings for natural materials and fabrics. Cape Reed has exclusive distribution rights for this treatment throughout Spain.